18 December 2013

IFB Project #126: Share Your Celebratory Style

View all featured items on my >>Polyvore<<

Just a foreword to shamefully admit that up until now my posts have been erratic to say the least, but over the Christmas break (which starts on Friday wooooo!) I will have so much more time, and I can properly sort out a schedule of when to post.

As a member of Independent Fashion Bloggers, I'm constantly looking for inspiration for new kinds of posts, and today I spotted that I had one day left to enter their member project for this week - a chance to share your personal holiday party style.

If you know me at all, you will know that I have a thing about velvet. And when I say 'thing' I mean obsession. Really, it's an issue.
And black. Don't even get me started on black.

Sooooo, obviously my 'celebratory style' is a combination of these two loves of mine.

I don't know what it is, but there is just something so festive about velvet, its rich texture in intense, midnight colours, combined with chunky shoes and dark make-up for ultimate Christmas glamour.
(But velvet is also great any other time of the year and paired with any other accessories or make-up. Velvet is just great, full stop.)

So for this post I created a montage of a few dark velvet pieces I've found, and other things that'll match them perfectly this holiday season. What about this super sophisticated H&M midnight velvet, mesh and chiffon dress, paired with sparkly lurex ankle socks and chunky Jeffrey Campbell Coltrane boots for an enviable image of girlie grunge?

Keep make-up stunningly simple, focusing on either eyes or lips to avoid looking like you've just tried on all of the testers at the MAC counter. Try this Tom Ford lip colour in any of the sumptuous shades (how about Bruised Plum or Crimson Noir?), or, if jazzing up your eyes for a festive sparkle, create a smoky eye with NARS limited edition 'Guy Bourdin - Cinematic' eyeshadow in Bad Behaviour  and cream eyeshadow in jet black Zardoz.

Writing this post has got me into an incredibly festive mood and I just want to put on party make-up and dress myself in anything velvet that I can find (unsurprisingly quite easy to do; I can spot three velvet garments from where I sit at my desk) - I hope it's had the same effect on you!

Check out more holiday party looks on IFB Project #126!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely collection of items! I especially enjoy the footwear ;D

    <3 Carsla
    Founder & CEO of Connect-the-Cloths
    www.connect-the-cloths.com
    A stylist, foodie, & writer's blog in development.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How GORGEOUS are these pieces, I want everything! You have awesome taste!

    http://www.ragsoflove.com/

    ReplyDelete