16 January 2014

Liebster Award!

After my last post I received a comment from the lovely Alessandra who told me she'd nominated me for the Liebster Award!

I was so grateful and could hardly believe it as the usual thoughts of ohmygoodnesspeopleactuallyreadandlikemywriting flooded my head. But it turns out that a handful of lovely people do and that makes me very happy *resists from typing row of smiley face emoticons*

(By the way, Alessandra runs the cutest lifestyle blog, so you should all definitely check it out here!)

For those of you that don't know, a Liebster Award is an award given by a blogger to other bloggers, specifically created for blogs with under 200 followers to help them gain publicity, readers and all-round success!
And I was lucky enough to be among one of the bloggers chosen by Alessandra, so thank you thank you thank you again!

Here are the award rules: 


1. You must link the persons blog who nominated you for the award.
2. You must answer the 11 questions given by the person who nominated you.
3. You then pick an additional 11 people to nominate with UNDER 200 blog followers.
4. You cannot nominate the blogger who nominated you.

5. You must inform the nominees they have been nominated.

So now I get to sit back with my cup of tea and answer these questions set by Alessandra for her nominees:


1. What is your favourite memory?
I have a lot of memories that make me very happy, it would be almost impossible to choose just one! To give a vague answer it would probably be meeting the best, most loyal and supportive people I've ever known, who I know will go on to stay my friends for years.

2. Who is your biggest inspiration?
There are a lot of people who inspire me but off the top of my head it can only be Alexa Chung for her effortless sartorial style (I may be slightly biased as I have been forever a Chung fan and read her book in no more than three hours, but ssshh)

3. What inspired you to start a blog?
I've read fashion blogs and watched videos and ogled over ootd posts for years but never had the confidence to start my own blog, but after realising that fashion media is the area I'd like to have a career in I thought I'd better start letting my words and inspirations out somewhere - now I could call myself addicted and can barely go a couple of days without thinking about a new post to write!

4. If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?
Cruelty to animals, it's always been something that really upsets me

5. What is your favourite thing to do when you're bored?
Paint my nails. Several times. I'll usually paint them and then with my anxious habit, scratch off every last trace and then re-do them. It's a vicious cycle. I get through a lot of nail polish.

6. Who is your "celebrity crush"?
Leonardo Dicaprio (no explanation is needed)

7. Who is your favourite musician?
I think an all time favourite would have to be Florence + The Machine, I just never get sick of them.

8. Which do you prefer: Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat or YouTube?
I use Twitter practically 24/7 - who knew I could turn my thought vomit into word vomit in less than 140 characters?

9. TV or Music?
Music, I hardly watch TV (unless Friends is on and I have no plans for the day, in which case I'll happily watch it all day)

10. What is your dream career?
As I said, I know I want to work in fashion media somewhere, as either a fashion writer or stylist - I don't think I'll know until uni!

11. What is your New Year's Resolution?
I have a lot! But my main one would probably be the generic 'stay happy, healthy and positive' vow.


Finally, all that's left for me to do is tell you guys who my 11 nominees are, and provide my set of questions!


Here are my questions to you guys!

1. What do you love about blogging?
2. Aside from blogging, do you have any hobbies?
3. Name three things you like about yourself?
4. What is your dream job?
5. Tea or coffee?
6. Winter or summer?
7. Where is your favourite place to spend your time?
8. What is one thing you're looking forward to in the future?
9. What is your favourite animal?
10. What possession can you not go anywhere without?
11. Do you prefer to overdress or underdress?


Thank you again to Alessandra for nominating me and also anyone who bothers to take time out of their day to read my posts, because it really means a lot! 

X


7 comments:

  1. Twitter is sooo good for just posting boring thought that most people don't even care about! I love it! :D
    Ellie,xx
    Elephant stories and more

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh thank you for the award! You are too kind! Im going to have a ganders at your blog now <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Babe! I adore your blog soo much!! I'm your newest follower on Bloglovin' :-).. Hope you can follow back!

    Love,

    Noor
    http://queenofjetlags.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Blog, wanna follow each other? If you follow me I will follow you back :)

    Kisses,
    Inês de Castro

    Fashion gets Fierce

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool blog!! Following on Blogloving :D

    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11069387

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, Twitter is my favourite too :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much love!
    I'm working on the post now :)

    thank you again!

    ReplyDelete